Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Earthquake

So I finally felt my first earthquake today teaching. I was introducing myself and it sounded like the wind was blowing the ceiling really hard..like a trailer in a thunderstorm. The kids asked what was that I said just the wind but my new Teachers Assistant said no that was a earthquake. I can't say I felt it in my feet or body but I definitely heard it and that my friends is counting in my book..a 5.0.

No one threw anything at me or had any major incidents so I am calling it a good first day. My TA got in there like a pro and was super. She is older and has 3 kids so she knows how to get in and help. My schedule is homeroom-- I am doing an Idiom of the day to get us started and will move into social studies/history info. 1st period is 6th grade SS reconstruction to present, 2nd period is 8th grade SS Colonial days to Present 3rd period is 6th grade SS again, 4th 8th grade SS, 30 min lunch then 30 minutes of WHY TRY a social emotional program then 5th period is 7th grade world geography, 6th period is my prep period. I like my schedule and hope to build some strong relationships with my homeroom kids. They are 8th graders and don't know me at all. They barely tolerated me in HR and 3rd period then back at Why Try they both students ended up in the practice hall. Tomorrow is a new day though.

Got to go pack my clothes and remaining items and store them until the evicted tenants move out of mine and Laney's new place. So I will get to move my stuff twice JOY! I guess I shouldn't complain my summer rent was cheap! and the new rent will be cheap too. I will be staying with a friends parents for a week or so. Thank you Jaspers!

No comments: