Sunday, September 21, 2008


Sunday morning in September outside my apartment so I can use the wireless internet. For some silly reason it only works outside my apartment. I am sitting on some hard metal steps in my Arkansas hoody looking at the most beautiful fall leaves. I hear a helio bringing someone into Providence Hospital which is right behind my apartment and rain drops still coming out of the gutters. It rained earlier this morning..no worries I am not ruining my laptop. If I could smell I would imagine it to smell clean.

So who am I? and why am I blogging?....well I am a small town Arkansas girl who moved to Alaska for adventure and some romance, hopefully. I have found both in different ways. I have a rather large immediate and extended family and I thought this would be a great way for us to keep in touch..and so I wouldn't have to tell the same crazy stories over and over. You see I work at a special school for children with emotional and behavorial issues. I teach 5th grade and so far I have 5 students who make everyday a challenge and a blessing. They humble me, inspire me, and make me smile. Every day at school is an adventure.

Alaska is so beautiful sometimes overwhelmingly so. I love it here ...winter has yet to come though....

2 comments:

poeticvoice62 said...

Katie, All I can say is Wow! I can't wait until I can come up there and visit. It looks incredible.

Larissa said...

I love to see the picture of the whole fam! Hard to believe I've know you guys for 21 years!