Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was so great! There were several of us who were away from home we got together at Cole's place. We played some games, cooked, and had lots of fun. At least I did.

Left to right is Cole, Cristi (my roomate), Mark, Charlotte, Lisa, and me in the front. I wanted us all to have a taste of home; and knowing if were at each other homes then our families would be telling stories on us...I called everyones parents and got some stories on everyone and got their parents to write a little note. I really enjoyed it and hoped everyone else did too. I learned a lot about everyone.

I was very impressed Mark cooked some yam casserole that was yam good, and Cole made our rolls that were delightful! Charlotte, Lisa, and I spend a lot of time together having some crazy times...like dressing up for Haloween, practical joke wars ,{serand wrapping vehicles, balloons in cars, scavenger hunts for presents} and sleepovers. ...anyway we did the shopping and the sides dishes. We all helped prep and cook the turkey that was fun. Mark was gonna do the turkey but overslept by 4 hours. He is a riot!

I am not gonna lie...I missed home like crazy; but being in a homey place with good friends made it really nice. A close second to being at home with family. I have so many things to be Thankful for. First is the knowledge that I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ which makes every aspect of my life deeper and sweeter. The scriptures especially the Book of Mormon. My family they are the best especially my nephews and nieces. Hope, hope for my students lives to be improved, hope for someone to love and share a life with, hope to be able to experience the miracle of life, hope for greater happiness and joy....Hope is a needful thing (President Uchtdorf) Good friends another great blessings in my life. Our country a free nation with so many opportunities, a good education, a job/career ( a got a nice carear on me) =0) The Earth and all its beauties...Alaska has its fair share of earthly beauties. That I can walk, see, hear, taste, especially touch..uplifting music, Christmas, Fourth of July, ice cream, chocolate, babies smiles and laughs, grandparents, farms, four wheelers, cousins, camping, road trips, books..being able to read and learn, good movies, sunshine, moon, stars, trampolines, Arkansas, Razorbacks ....this is just a short list.

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving day!

No comments: