Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

I am way excited about the amount of sunshine that has been pouring into my days recently. When the sun is out and the day is clear there is not another more majestic place anywhere! Yesterday ,driving to church was spectacular and I only live 1.5 miles from church. Baby blue skies, white mountains ah gorgeous!

I was able to talk to my nephews and niece yesterday. They make me so happy! They are too much fun to talk to, esp. on the phone. They ask me the funniest questions all the time..are you still teaching?...what time is it there?...do you have snow still?....have you found a husband?..is it dark there? I asked Sam if he was being good in school (that is what I ask them all the time) and Sammy said quite honestly," um...sometimes I be good." I can only imagine what his kindergarten teacher deals with. He is overflowing with energy. Emily Rae is always full of good information too. Little girls say the darndest things. Who has been good and bad. What her dad says while driving down the road to his "honey." So hilarious!

Mom was telling me that Cole was rubbing Jared's eyebrows (which can be quite furry) and asked him dad what are those? Jared told him they were eyebrows and that he had some too. Cole ran to go look and see if he had "eyebrowns" too. Then another day Jared was trying to get Cole to go to his bed to sleep and he was saying "cole what do I hear? your bed calling you saying Cole come sleep on me." Cole told Jared his bed didn't have a mouth. He is a hoot! I miss those kiddos.

I can not believe that I am at the end of the 3rd nine weeks of my first year of teaching. Boy what a year! I have learned so much about myself and about relying on the Lord and his timetable. I think that is a lesson I will continue to learn as I yearn for unfulfilled blessings in my life. I am making joy in the journey..and look forward to new adventures.

Sister Beck is speaking here on Thursday and I can not wait. I loved her Mothers who Know talk. That is the kind of momma and wife I want to be. She knows the doctrine of motherhood. Her comments in this months Visiting Teaching Message is pretty clear about our roles as women..she says something like " we can refuse it. We can deny it. But it is ours and one day we will be held accountable for it." Powerful doctrine. I know that her message is not always well received and more than once I have heard women say, I am just not cut out for being a stay at home mom. Well then repent and change...learn to love it. That is like saying I am not good at living the gospel..learn to get good at it ,work at it and it will come. The Lord will prepare a way for us to keep his commandments. Pray for it and make it work. I might be a little biased in my opinion since this motherhood is the number one thing I want in life.It breaks my heart to think of so many little ones who just want and need time with their parents. I see daily the lack of family support and true nurturing at school everyday. So sad.

Well kiddos. I think I am going to go for a drive down the Turnagain Arm this afternoon. Enjoy the sunshine and the mountains and ocean all at once.

1 comment:

Just Us said...

I love reading what you have to say about Alaska. Mark has decided that we are moving to Alaska when he graduates in 2011. I hope that I will almost be done with my education before we leave, so I can finish up there in Alaska, and start teaching.