Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring is Srung and Thumbs

So last night I jammed my thumb a big one! I did not think much of it until I woke up the next day and it was so swollen and bru-uuised! My school nurse advised me to go get it x-rayed. My family is not the x-ray type but it hurt really bad so I went. Not broke but the MD is pretty sure I tore my ulnar ligament also known as skiers thumb or gamers thumbs. It is pretty painful and life without a thumb is hard. Somehow I am always surprised by how much I use something when I can't anymore. I am reminded of my not too distant tailbone injury...you use those butt muscles a lot! Also how much our bodies are connected the thumb is connected to the wrist bone the wrist bone is connected to the elbow..you get the picture. I am grateful for these little reminders.

SPRING in Alaska so fun. It is like the earth litterally is shaking off the bands of death by dark cold snow and is awakening to glow and bask in the soft sunshine. I love this time of year; here people are literally more alive with the added light. I am so excited for General Conference and am glad it is on Easter Weekend how symbolic.

I caught the sunset a few nights ago over cook inlet and the sunrise this am over the mountains and both were so gorgeous!!

No comments: