Tuesday, October 14, 2008



The view from my classroom a close up of the mountains. Then a far away view. The sun beams in my classroom every morning. Finally the third picture is me and Mrs. Papacristo--she married a greek...lucky girl he can cook!! We are on the playground. She is also a first year teacher; we get along great and are enjoying our successes and comforting each other in our defeats.
Oh how I love the snow. It is so beautiful. At Family Home Evening I had us sing Hark the Herald Angels Sing for our opening hymn..snow reminds me of Christmas....maybe I am excited because I get to go home for Christmas. I have also been listening to Christmas music in my car Ray Charles, Vince Gill, Martina McBride, Celine Dion, Elvis..and more...Did I say that I love the snow? I love how it feels when it lands on my face cold and damp and then it melts and turns warm. I like the sounds it makes when the huge flakes fall and make this soft clicking noise like ant legs against the hot dry sand. I also love how it coats everything and makes it look so clean and pure. I LOVE : it there is something magical about snow. I am not articulating myself very well ;but, just know I love it.

This week at school has been full of adventure. I got hit with a hanger today, shoved on Monday, and a snowball thrown at me. If you have never been hit with a hanger just know they hurt... bad.

My school day has turned into SNOW PANTS DAYS...take snow pants off...put snow pants on for recess...take snow pants off....put snow pants on to go home...take at least 40 minutes out of our academic day all for snow pants. Not kidding..you'd be amazed how long it takes ADD 5th graders to put on snow pants..much less to take them off.

Institute is going well. I am taking gospel living and the provident life on Tuesday nights..and the institute council meets on Tuesdays night as well. Wednesdays I take presidents of the church. I really love the Institute instructors they are knowledgeable and they invite the Spirit to be the true teacher. Thursday is choir and I am no singing maestro but they need voices and a voice I have.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

wow, you sound really busy!

Monica said...

Still sounds like you are having fun! :)