Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was this past weekend and man was it wonderful! I really enjoyed Elder Perry's talk about living simply, Elder Holland's talk about Angels seen and unseen ( thanks to all of you angelic people who have crossed my path) , Elder Uchtdorf's talk about hope, and Elder Eyring's talk about zion and unity in our homes and church. I watched Saturday's conference at the Maplewood Institute building ( I am on the Institute council). I watched Sunday am at Baxter building and Sunday afternoon in Eagle River with a friend. It snowed and was so pretty. I also got to talk to some of my new friends Craig who moved to Idaho and Nicole who moved to Provo so it was a GREAT!

Monday was a typical Monday at school. Tuesday I had IEP training at the district building it was a nice day away from kiddos. Wednesday we had a rough start getting back to having the real teacher in school. One of my kids had a major blow out threw his desk and chair and shoved me out of the way to get to the classroom library so he could throw books. After he recovered we had a great day. Social Studies was especially fun. We made treaties! We had 7 new off days given us by Gov. Palin and we had to compromise where to put them. At Christmas break or over summer so it was fun. I spoke in my best British accent and the kids loved it!!

Well I got to go to institute! I love it here!! There is tons of snow on the mountains. Sunrise is 8:30 am and sunset like 7:30ish.

1 comment:

Martindale News said...

I feel like a blog stalker! I was excited to see that you had a blog. Love the beautiful picutures, WOW. Glad to know that you are enjoying Alaska and all is going well for you.