Thursday, November 19, 2009

thoughts

I might be getting a new member of the family..details are not pinned down yet but..if things go as planned I will be going to Idaho over Christmas break driving with all my siblings and parents..how fun. I am so excited. I am hoping we can lay over in Salt Lake one evening and see some mission friends, cousins, and temple square all light up.

It has been cold -5 for highs. Brrrrr. the inside of my car has ice in it from my breath. The moisture around the trees freeze and the look white. It is gorgeous.

Sunrise 9 17 am sunset 4 12 pm.

Crazy day at school today. I had a student get pretty physical in my room. Knocked down my wooden dream sign and took the flags out of it and was hitting it on the chalk tray trying to break it...they didn't break strong little dowels...then kicked my wooden box that holds the markers and destroyed that and threw the recycling bin. It always gets the adrenaline going when stuff like that happens and you feel bad but there is only so many options you can give before you ask them to leave your room.

Did anyone know Venezualeans have a rodeo event where they pull cows down by their tails from their horses. Weirdest thing I have heard so far. It looks hilarious watching someone do it.
THey put their leg over the saddle horn and try to pull it down.

1 comment:

Nancy Allen said...

Katie,
Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. I really need to write another one soon. Just can't seem to find enough hours in the day for it.

We would love to see you if you came through Salt Lake. Maybe even bring Danielle, Bryce and Cole along. Let me know.

Your pictures are really cool, and you look great! Keep up the good job in Alaska.

Nancy Allen