Thursday, November 5, 2009

peeling a pumpkin makes me feel proud and mormon!

So for my 8th grade US history we are having a "colonial" day. I cooked and peeled a pumpkin--for a colonial recipe of pumpkin soup. Shelled black walnuts to make ink. Now I am off to buy some feathers to make some quills to write with. I feel like a mormon woman today. knowing what to do with a pumpkin just has to be a qualifier for mormon womanhood right? =-) We are know for our resourcefulness. I am sure if my mom or grandmother were here they would have thought I threw too much away and found a good use for the rhines. that old addage use it up make it do or do without thing... It was super easy I must say and ( I am kinda proud of myself for not just opening a can) now to see how the soup actually turns out.

We are also going to make red ink from berries and have johnny cakes with butter they are going to shake. I hope it will leave a lasting impression and give a glimpse into the life of the colonists.

Still no snow. I love it and find it really magical even still and am beginning to wander if it is ever going to come. All is well though.

For those of you who have not listened to Pres Uchtdorfs ces talk from Sunday you should. It was amazing.

No comments: