Tuesday, January 12, 2010

latest adventure--back to school

Yup I am taking on online sped masters class. I am Phoenix! --ha It started today. I hope that all goes well. I need to take it to keep working at my school. I am keeping all my doors open for next year.

I haven't yet decided where I will end up next year but I am pretty sure it will not be here in AK. I love it here: the beauty ,the institute, the friends, the people, my job -as trying as it can be sometimes, the snow, the cooler weather, the sunshine in the summer, the wildlife, the town and all it offers, Alaska native art,....if I could slide Alaska into the Gulf of Mexico where cartographers usually put it and then it would be easy to get home to see those precious little nieces and nephews of mine. I am looking at Memphis, St. Louis, Fayettville. We shall see.

Been a busy week. Yesterday I fed the missionaries yummy fajitas and taught FHE on the Christlike attribute of knowledge, went to the Lusac Library to pick up an old Disney Revolutionary War film called the Swamp Fox. I swear I ran all day long. It was good though.

Saturday night I took my Papakristo (my friend and colleague daughters) girls to see the Fantastic Mr. Fox, it was pretty funny. Those girls keep me cracked up. The youngest is 3 and in the theatre she finished her popcorn and yells really loud Ms. Katie I finished my "Cock-corn I want more cockcorn" I busted up laughing. She is so funny. She will make a song out of anything.

No comments: