Saturday, January 30, 2010

wedded bliss smedded bliss

So in the past month 3 couples have gotten engaged and on face book several friends are celebrating 9 or 10 years of wedded bliss to their "bff's"; whatever that means. I have only had a few really good guy friend and so hearing "married to my best friend" my mind envisions them with some girl. YUCKO

I know I am being bitter and a bit jealous or resentful but enough already! Then someone else on FB was saying how hard it was to have a snow day with a kid in the house always calling out "mommy" I would gladly trade places; to hear a sweet little voice ascribe that title to me.

I am looking at what I don't have instead of what I do (which is a lot!!) but somedays it-the things I don't have and want - seem to get smacked in my face one too many times and then it eeeks its way down to my heart and crumbles it.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Oh Katie - you are sweet, funny, smart and so strong that you will be just fine no matter what life throws your way!! You just do you my little greenie!!!

Just Us said...

I know what you mean. When I miscarried the last time the same day I found out that several of my friends/family were pregnant. It is very disheartening!