Thursday, January 7, 2010

back to the black darkness of winter

I am back in the wintery tundra of the north. It is so gorgeous here and I will always love that part of Alaska. I had a wonderful time being home for the holidays with all of my siblings. This was Eldon's last Christmas home before he leaves for his mission. Man I cannot believe how time flies!

I got in late Friday night and it is always an adjustment back to a quiet empty apartment after spending the holidays around all the family. Saturday I ran some errands like getting food back in the house and was feeling useless here. No babies to change, hold, or feed. No dishes to do or lunch to make or errands to run for someone else. Just when I was revealing in my seperation and being bummed I got a call asking me to play the piano at a baptism. I was able to go with some tweaking of the hymns being played. It was great and a great way to start of the New Year at a baptism. I was able to share my testimony of the restoration at the baptism as well and to thank Bro. Frisks parents for raising the type of kid that would be open to the gospel. Afterward they came and thanked me for my words. It was nice to be useful.

School has been really good since I have been back. The kids have been good and there has not been so many of them yet. I have several in a detention facility and mental health facilities. I miss them and hope they can return to our classrooms soon. I know they miss us too. I wish they all had a good home life with some support. Breaks my heart.

No comments: