Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goodbye sunshine and fall

Alaska has surprised me this year. Last year we had snow on the ground and temps in the 30's during the day in October. This year I have seen snow flakes once for about 2 minutes on the way to seminary two days ago. I loved it got me thinking about Christmas and home and babies and we all know how I feel about babies....I digress anyway this year NO snow and temps in the upper 40's so we had a "fall" it was gorgeous! It is officially freezing outside during the days now and 15 at night.

Sunrise 9:21

Sunset: 6:06

Total sunshine: 8 hrs and some minutes ..math not my strong suit.

This year in addition to taking some vit. D I try to take a walk outside during lunch to catch some of the sun. NO view of the Mountains this year from my room but I like my classroom.

No comments: