Monday, April 12, 2010

Count your many blessings

Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting (once a month we fast 2 meals and give what we would have spent to help those in need around the world) I realized I only had 2 more of them left before I move back to Arkansas. Moving is always bitter sweet..I was filled with sweet memories with members of the congregation and the closing hymn, which I pick out by the way, was count your many blessings...the tears were flowing down my cheeks and the names of dear friends running through my mind.

I have really enjoyed the spring and summers here..winters are brutal. People literally hibernate and then March comes and brings sunshine and we all start hanging out again and doing stuff and it is a complete blast. I will miss the YSA social life back in Arkansas but I will love being close to the family there! Esp with a new baby coming in the Fall =-)

I love meeting new people and building those friendships Alaska has been an overall great experience and one I am glad I chose to have!

No comments: