Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SUNSHINE Y'ALL -- and scares!

Today is the third day of absolutely gorgeousness; clear calm skies and sunny sixty degree weather! I have been have some grand adventures lately!! Saturday I took my good friend and co-workers daughters to the Eagle River Nature Center we saw some swans on the way out and a bunch of eagles and other "Alaskan" birds there. That night, after eating and feeding the missionaries at my friends Lexi's, a group of us in 4 trucks went off-roading /4 wheeling for 6 hours out at Jim Creek, just off the knik arm bridge. The sunset that we saw driving out was amazing. We had a blast smashing through mucky muddy, and sailing through cold creeks; I know it was cold because the truck I was in the water seeped in after crossing a dark deep mud hole. After 1 flat tire, 1 chainsaw useage to free an axel from a tree, 1 trip to the woods to pee, 1 wrong turn down a too narrow trail so we had to back out, we still did not make it to the Mat-Su glacier but boy did we have fun!!!!!!!! At 4 am on the way back into Anchorage you could see the sun starting to come back up.

Sunday night one of my BFF's here Erika, I played the piano at her baptism and now my baby is all grown up and going off to preach the gospel in Germany and Austria, texted me and told me the Northern Lights were out, 1: 15 in the am. I ran and put on my ARKANSAS hoodie and got myself outside. At first I didn't see it then she told me to look over Mt. View and then I saw it. It looked like a hazy green moving cloud. It was awe--some!

Monday at FHE we played ultimate dodge ball. When you get out all the people you got out are back in, never ending game. Then we got in teams of 3 and if someone in your team got out the team was out, within 20 mins we had a winner. So much fun to play and watch! We went to cold stone yummo! Then went to a middle school to play football, mosquitos are out and attacking. During the last play of the game my Erika had a seizure... scary! I was glad I was with worthy boys who were ready to give her a blessing. She came to and was fine within a few mins. Friday night my dad was in a tornado. He was driving and the storm got so bad he decided to get in a culvert. A tornado went right over where he was and two trees feel on his upper body and legs that were sticking out. He is lucky to be alive!! These two things were such a reminder of how important family and friends are to me and that life is so fragile. There are no guarantees for tomorrow all we have is the here and now.

Tuesday was a good guy friends b-day party after food, we went and walked on the Tony Knowles coastal trail and got cussed out by a crazy native lady because Erika's dog was off it's leash and she had to slow down. Good times! We were watching the sunset, seeing all sorts of birds at chester creek lagoon, and hearing the creek run into the ocean. The mountains on all sides and their reflection in the water was a spectacular to behold. We walked back holding hands and singing we're off to see the wizard. Such a great night!!

1 comment:

Just Us said...

I was thinking about your family when all of those storms were passing through. I'm glad your Dad is ok. It's amazing the miracles that are constantly happening to us, even when they aren't as obvious as your Dad being protected!