Friday, June 19, 2009

Sweet Temple Blessings






Summer time shot with the addition
Winter pic before they enclosed the stairs.
So since General Conference I have been trying to attend the temple weekly. Thursday night have been the night that we- me and a few friends- go. Thursdays in June are our month to help clean as well.

I couldn't find my recommend..I had it out to order something ..imagine me loosing something. I know hard to do. Ha ha ha I did eventually find it but I missed the six pm session. So I took a spin down the Turnagain Arm sooo gorgeous. Nothing like being out in God's creation to prep you for the temple. I went and sat in the Celestial room waiting for my friends to come through while I was in there. I saw two sisters talking they were I'd say in there late 50 early 60's and then their Mother came through for her first time as they embraced and talked I could tell they were her daughters. Then a pregnant grand-daughter came into the mix. I was so touched by the spirit of this family. All these women who were there in the temple together there they were with a baby in the pre-earth life and several generations there. Their Joy was palpable; I was not the only misty eye in that celestial room. With the Great grandma with the wrinkly hand putting her hand on the granddaughters belly and embracing her daughters it was JOYOUS!!!!!

Then my friend came through and it was good to see her and embrace someone and explain why I missed the session... I would have been a nutso to go hug this cute family..I love hugs..so good to feel so secure and safe..I know I am such a girl sometimes.

Laney, my friend, went to do initatories and I went and did sealings. This family came in and the Mother of the bunch the 80 year old was sealed to her parents and then they did some other family ordinances. It was sooo moving!!! I am glad that I was able to be present. I know how I long for my family both the ones in Arkansas and my eternal family. It really made me want to get into some McKinney family history. As I was seeing this 80 year old woman with her sweet daughters and granddaughters pondering if I would ever be blessed enough to have that kind of posterity I was reassured that I have already been promised those blessings. I just need to believe Him that He WILL provide when I am ready and when the time is ready.

Cleaning the temple was really neat esp. after hearing from Doug Green -who is the architect for the mini temples -about some of the symbolism in our specific temple; as Bro. Green is an Alaskan. It was neat to look for them and to see them. Me and our Elders Quorum president were on trash detail. After we finished I was given the assignment of brushing the carpet in the celestial room so that there would be no footprints or markings from the vacuum so that the only footprints that could be found there are those of whose House the Temple is. It was a really neat opportunity. I am getting to know lots of the temple workers who work on Thursday nights they are so cute!

Needless to say I LOVE the temple and being in the temple it makes me want to honor my covenants and be better than who I currently am. I have made serious promises to be who I promised to be at baptism. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father is so willing to help me on my journey back to His presence. He moves to grant me his grace at my first intimations of repentance (paraphrase from Joseph Smith manual lesson 34ish on forgiveness). I love the Spirit and am going to do better at inviting Him into my life and recognizing Him. Driving home I realized all this happened on Jared's and Jack's birthday. Awe.

No comments: