Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ak state fair -classroom











I spent the entire day at school. The last few days so frustrating doing all these "trainings" that I've been through before..when all I really want to do is be in my classroom getting it ready to go. I think I have it almost there. A few minor things to get ready in the morning and then at 7:30 they show up.








The Alaska state fair is coming up in the next few weeks. David Archuletta is coming and a big group of us Young Single Adults are going. I am so excited. I have not been to a concert in awhile. And to see David I mean; YAY!! That was the year I made momma watch American Idol with me and she is now addicted and it is all my fault. When he sang" Imagine" I cried it was so powerful!








I am sooo excited to be teaching social studies. I have been to 40 states and canada on the west and east. I have been to Mexico twice and so it will be nice to add some personal stories into the mix. I hope I will be able to share my love of our country --despite our current president...which sentiments I can't share at school...although I found a fellow conservative on campus a rarity for sure!!! and she teaches language arts and ss and la go so well together. We are definitely going to be collaborating and intergrating our curriculums.








We actually had a social studies team meeting with all the teacher and we came up with some Middle School rules and expectations and I felt like I was doing exactly what I was made to do. Elementary school is for the truly angelic!

1 comment:

Just Us said...

You have a couch in your room? That is so cool!