Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hodge podge

A few gripes. 1) Public bathrooms a) stall doors..why do they always swing in instead of out? I am a big girl and can barely get in and then have room to swing the door out. I mean I virtually have to stand on the toilet and then shut the door. b) no hooks for coats or purses or diaper bags..really? women don't have anything to carry! give me a break. esp here in AK I mean we have coats, hats, scarves I don't like to pee on my outer wear kinda gets frozen when I go outside.
On a positive note I did find a bathroom on the way to AZ this summer that had a toddler seat made by the diaper changing table people inside the stall on the wall. Simply buckle in your little person and then you have free hands and don't wonder where are they crawling? I thought that was a genius idea; not having kids myself I never thought about what to do when you got to go with an infant in your arms..put them on the floor NO ...leave them in the buggy..I think NOT..so a one handed job.. buttons are hard one handed. I was in MANY MANY bathrooms this summer and only saw 1 of these. Geeze people consult a female when you are building a building we will help you with the bathroom!

Kay Papakristo is my dear friend here at my nameless school. She is moving and has offered for me to stay at their new place. How sweet is that. We went and got Sushi Tuesday night and once over the weekend. I LOVE IT.!! We had a roll that was tempuraed and it was yummy and one with melted cheese on top with salmon. MMMM I went and took her girls to the park while she packed. They are 8 and 2. It was just what I needed some time outside enjoying this last few weeks without snow. Plus having little fingers wrap around mine and say pwease swing me 'gin is soo nice to hear. I love to push them and hear their little laughs; OH it does so much for my soul!

A good friend is getting baptized this weekend and I am so excited for her. She was worried that she just wanted to be a "Mormon woman" and make homemade bread, sew, quilt, scrapbook, can you own food and all the other neato stuff Mormon women are known for. She found that the Book of Mormon is a record of the people here on the American continent whom Christ visited after His Resurrection. She knows now that they are sheep of His "other fold" that He said he would visit and that it was translated by a prophet of God-Joseph Smith. I am happy that she has found what has brought me much JOY.

1 comment:

Nancy Allen said...

Katie - I happened onto your blog, and loved it! So true about women's public bathrooms - always designed by men and never big enough. Cole is almost 11 months old and we're having a ball being grandparents. Randy loves the little guy so much, and makes such a cute "papa." Later...Nancy