Monday, October 26, 2009

Motivation




So we changed the middle school schedule around. We combined our 8th grade class and split up the 7th grade one we celebrated with a party. The students I work with are hard to motivate so I came up with the pod race. Each class has a crab and it races to the top. Good behavior (collectively) makes the crab go up negative behaviors make the crab go down. This helps them to identify the negative behaviors and self correct all I do is move the crab. For individual success if they make a hundred on their point sheets--a document with their IEP goals and then school skills. IF they individually get a 100% on their school skills and IEP goals they put their name in for a drawing we do on Fridays so even if the class looses crab ground they can be successful individually. Never mind my crazy hair we had just taken a wagon wheel picture with all our heads together. Their faces are covered so I could put this picture up =-)


This morning in seminary. We ended second nephi. I had the students write a farewell letter to their families and a few of them shared what they wrote and it was powerful. I hope they realize how many people care about them! I know I still feel my parents love and I am a grown woman living thousands of miles away. It was nice to have something I planned for seminary work out the way I wanted it to.

No comments: