Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday, fun, and KRIS ALLEN

Well my birthday was a-maz-ing but y'all knew it would be cause I am right? he he he I went on a first date with a man from "the valley" Wasilla on Tuesday and that really set the party off right we went to dinner and a walk on one of the coastal trails. Friday I went camping with my good friend Laney and her older brother Greg and their family. I had a blast. We went out to the Eagle River and had a great time. Driving on the road to the campsite the sign says city waste facility -> camp grounds --straight and then the correctional facility <-- right. I was a bit concerned after seeing that sign but all was well.

Greg and Emily have 3 little boys and a one year old daughter. I so enjoyed being around them...especially the baby. She is so petite so how should I say "un-McKinney." Holding babies just soothes my soul. In Relief Society --I just got called to be the Enrichment counselor-- we were talking about clearing our minds and some one said that they think about the beach and I pipped up ( you know I can't help it) and said I think about rocking my future babies and everyone was awe'ing me it was one of those hilarious communal "awes". YSA ward Relief Society. geeze. No I love it........ really I do.

Kids are just great.. esp. little kids. They say the funniest stuff. One of the boys was getting smoke in his eyes and he said something like my eyes hurt I got an eye sickness. One of the younger ones came up with a great new way to make smores. Put the Chocolate inside the marshmellow (yes chocolate should be capitalized it is divine =) Then it gets all melty too. Yummy! It worked so well. No more trying to balance a graham cracker with chocolate on a roasting stick for me. I am stuffing those succors inside the mallows!

Laney lives with her sister Rebecca ( not for long in August we are getting a place) and she has two little girls and they are sooo adorable. They both call me Auntie Katie and it just melts my heart. The youngest just turned 3 and is so cute...and says the funniest stuff. I look forward to some Auntie Katie sleep overs when we move in August. That will get me through the winter...and maybe someone else too?

I also wanted to say congrats to Kris Allen -- I am sure he is reading this right now. I am so proud of him. I bet Conway has been so excited and all reeved up about him too. Go Kris go!! I just got down with my 3rd dinner and a walk date with "Mr. Valley man" and am having a lot of fun and enjoying getting to know his ambitious self. I will keep you posted..or is it blogged?? Oh second date was dinner and a play and ice cream AND guess what? a walk. We can't help but want to be outside... the weather has been GORGEOUS highs in the upper 50's-60's depending and tons of sunshine.

Oh I also wanted to put a Happy Mother's Day out there to my momma she is one of the most Christ like people I know. She is a truly a "Mother who knows" --sis beck '07 GC address. She cares more for the fashioning of her children and grandchildren than the fashions of the day. She knows that doctrine changes attitudes and behaviors and she obtains the word and loves the gospel. She is constantly serving us and those around her. She never sits still and is always wishing she could do more. I am so grateful for the woman she is and that I get to call her mom. Too bad Eldon does too...just kidding... Eldon you are one of my favorites. I still can't believe we took that crazy trip last year.

No comments: