Tuesday, April 21, 2009

attempted murder charge...

so today after school our meeting..we "process" every day after school talk about the kids and why APD has been at our school -they are here at least once during the day. Today our school social worker was telling us about a new student that was coming into our school full time and how nice this young person was and then our principal asked if anyone else had something to add...and a teacher piped up and said "that if he starts talking about the attempted murder charge you need to shut that conversation down very directly and quickly....other than that the new student has been wonderful in my class." Everyone at my table busted out laughing. "Other than that attempted murder charge" its been great..he might attempt to kill you but....only at my secret school.

Spring has sprung and it is nice! Sun sets around 10 pm and light starts streaming in my windows around 5am -ish. The snow is completely gone -except for the tops of the mountains. Saturday I went for a short drive down to Beluga point and walked around a bit. It was nice. Then I went to a movie with a friend and the sunset was gorgeous. Pinks and purples around the downtown buildings with the mountains behind us and the moon was up and visible. Amazing!

Thinking really seriously about staying here another year. The thought of saying goodbye made me re-think my choice to go home. I am wicked close the the McKinney clan that is for sure and the Sherwood gang too; however, I feel there is more for me to do here. Still not 100% either way. But I know that things will work out either way. I just need to have exercise my faith. How grateful I am for the gospel.

23 School days left...and I can not believe it. It has really gone by so quickly! I will miss my misfits. I was telling them today about an old roommate Monica who used to always add up random things at the grocery store...stuff like this would escape her mouth....50 cents for a pack of gum and lets say they sell 50 packs a day that's 25.00 a day times 365 days that's 9,125. 00 a year. Seriously, every time we went. I don't know if she was just bored or wanted to go into business for herself selling gum, chips, or bobby pins. Anyway, we were talking in Science about Archimedes discovery and how our minds are scientific. We are naturally curious. (we did some boats/density experiments) We also talked about how most of us attempt flying at one time or another. The stories the kids told were cracking me up. One told me that they planted an apple seed in an indoor plant and it grew a little tiny apple tree with little tiny apples that were very delicious. --I was rolling laughing. Another told me one time they jumped off the roof and landed in the basement. These kids oh the joys!! Can't wait to have a few of my own..

2 comments:

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Wow, you can't make this kind of thing up.

Monica said...

LOL are you comparing me to your misfits?