Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Institute Graduation

This Sunday it will be my pleasure to graduate from the Institute program. I would like to put a shout out to all my teachers...

Sister Blakey- New Testament Conway, AR
Sister Boone- BOM, Church History, D&C, Conway, AR
Brother "someone"- too long ago and only one semester - teachings of the living prophets Gainsville, Florida I also want to thank Jacob Stewart who rode with me the 45 min. to and from class each week from Ocala..we were both fresh RM's and I learned a lot from him and our commuter discussions as well. Love ya Jake!
Brother Hall- Doctrine and Covenants Conway, AR
Sister Martindale- Old Testament and Celestial Marriage Conway, AR
Sister Green- Celestial Marriage / Teachings of Living Prophets Anchorage, AK
Brother Miles- Church History / Leadership Anchorage, AK Brother Miles is retiring and he has been such a great influence in my life since arriving here in AK. He has always been there with a listening ear and encouragement. I am really going to miss him next year.


I was asked to speak for 5 minutes at graduation. I said it takes me 5 minutes just to say my name. Anyone who knows me or the family know that we can be "windy" sometimes. I look forward to sharing my thoughts on Institute and my testimony there.

Sunday I taught Sunday School extemporaneously because both instructors were gone as was our Sunday School president. I had vaguely read over the lesson and am good friends with our Sunday School president so I stepped up. ..I had no competition. ha ha

It worked out...it was on the law of consecration. We read some scriptures from D&C 42...Mosiah 4 from King Benjamin's final address (some of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon)..I also had my General Conference issues --Everyone always laughs at me for carrying around so much stuff - I usually have two "bags" a purse and either my school or church bag with me and sometimes all three. I was glad for all my stuff in these bags-- I was able to read a few quotes from Elder Perry's "Let us do it with Simplicity" talk and from Elder Hales come to Zion talk this quote came from my personal notes from the most recent General Conference. I was glad everyone participated and helped out a lot with great comments. We have a great ward! Love y'all.

No comments: