Saturday, April 25, 2009

Indoor Camping

So last night it was so HOT in my room I opened my window. It felt like indoor camping. The sounds of the cars on the road were like a river running near by. The chill in the air. The sunlight streaming in my face. It was great! ( can't wait to do some real camping though) Sometimes I forget I live near the ocean and then I hear Seagulls doing there thang and then it hits me all over again; oh yeah the ocean is 7 miles that way!! So this morning this scenario happens to me. I am looking out at some tall pine trees behind our town house wondering what it smells like here doing some indoor camping..it rained yesterday and the sky and mountains were just breath taking! ..I was really enjoying my thoughts and then I heard some 'gulls and was reminded of the ocean. The thought came to my mind that this is what the Holy Ghost does for me. I go about living my life and then I see, hear, or feel something and it hits me; oh yeah Heavenly Father is 0 miles that way! He will always let me know He is near if I want to know and remember. How thankful I am for this special gift of the companionship of the Holy Ghost who reminds me how near comfort, hope, cheer, true love, and forgiveness really are. Love it!!

Yesterday was a blast! Other than the fact my eyes were dilated for a few hours. That is the funniest sensation to have your eyes numbed...and then dilated. Me and Laney went to go see the BYU-I Collegiate Singers at West High School. They had some really cute funny songs. One that really touched me was one about taken from Voltaire's "Candide" --the chorus lyrics went something like "We are not particularly good but we will work and grow our garden." The singers all got in couples to sing this song slowly throughout this song. It was a reminder that that is what life is about. There is no perfect person out there waiting to be discovered for/by me; there are just two people who love each other and are willing to work at a good life together. I need to find me a good gardener. =0) ha...At the end of the show a singer came up and gave Laney a squishy byui potato and me a water bottle. I also so Elder Jarvis- my brothers brother-in-law we share a nephew and soon a niece. He told me they had picked out the name Kelly. I will have to talk to Justin and clarify this. How did Elder Jarvis know before me?

Let me back up..I went to school for a few hours and left early to go to our last lunch devotional at the Institute building. Then I had a massage...ah so nice!! Then I had to go see the eye dr. again to make sure my contacts fit my eye and so he could dilate them.

Then we went to Katie Hill's birthday party. Katie Hill and I served in the same mission. It was so good to be around some real chill ysa's. Me and Katie arm wrestled...and I was shocked there was no declared winner but the boys were saying I was cheating bring my elbow in and "cocking" my wrist. Whaterver, I would never cheat...or would I? It was some good clean fun with some good clean amigos.

Tyler who is interning here is going to Bentonville, AR to intern with Wal-Mart and so we were talking about the "hill" people and what to expect as far as an accent goes. He was practicing his numbers --he is an accounting guy-- five and nine because there they are feyeve and neyene. I was also recommending some very neat Arkansas things to do. I can't wait to be home in July except for the fact that it will be July which means it will be hotter than HELL...seriously Satan doesn't even visit there in July and August..Hell is a dream vacation comparatively.

Got to jet going to the temple this morning with Minna. She is great. Served a mission in Russia a degree in Exercise Science from BYU and now doing Dental Hygiene school for fun. I am blessed to get to know some really great folks here. Hope you are all wonderful!!

No comments: