Wednesday, April 15, 2009

confusion to go home or stay??

So I love when I come up with a plan and feel good about it ....and then different and things start opening up in a different path. For instance, I have been looking for other room mate options for awhile now...not because I don't like Cristi but because we are on different schedules and I feel bad waking her up. ..and I am a social person and would like to have folks over for dinner and festivities but when we are up and ready to play is when Cristi who works nights is sleeping. She has been a fun roomie..leaving me notes and making me hunt easter eggs and such. She has also been so kind with my emotional "boy involvement" since Christmas time. Thanks Cristi lou. Now several great options have opened up. Love you Laney!

I had decided to intern with my older brothers and give a serious look at law school and then my institute director was talking about how great of a seminary instructor I would be (not to be braggy) because I know the scriptures fairly well and love them...and the gospel. If I stay here he could be a major help getting me into a released time CES position. How amazing would that be?!

Conference was all about temples and going to the temple.How lucky am I to live in a place with a temple 15 minutes down the road? I would not be able to go nearly as often at home. Things are still up in the air as far as what/where I will end up.

A good friend is going to Utah to work for the summer the beginning of May and just thinking about having to say goodbye makes me miss this place like crazy. I got all weepy just thinking about this on Monday--saying goodbye to a lot of great folks.

I do miss the family like craziness...especially my nieces and nephews. What a joy they are to me. Momma needs to get her webcam up and running anyone living close to her feel free to offer to assist her with this..Val? Looking at the Sherwood Easter reunion pics was torture...especially the pictures of Jacob (my nephew with down syndrome) riding a calf....he looked so happy. Sad to have missed that. I am so blessed with a crazy huge extended family. I love you guys!!!!!!!! Ya'll come see me!

I have been fellowshipping a girl the Elder's are teaching and that has been a great experience. She is amazing and to be apart of that process again has been humbling and motivating for me to open my mouth more about who I am- a member of the lds church and one of heavenly father's daughters- and the Lord's plan for all of his childrens.

School is interesting these last few days. My principal, who I told last week that I was probably not coming back next year, came and told me that he would for sure move me up to Middle School for next year, and was begging me to stay. That felt good =0) Middle School would be so much better for me to only have to prep for one content area a day. Today I had a student banging their head on the wall and asking for us to allow them to committ suicide. They are such a sweet kid and want to do the right thing. It was hard to watch I just wanted to pick them up and hold them even though they are as tall as I am. One of our intervention coaches did hold him when the head banging did not stop. Another student threatened to come to my house and burn it to the ground. The other day a student asked "are we going to play games with our bodies" It was hilarious! --meaning are we going to play a phsyical game such as duck duck goose. I called one of my students my sister's name the other day..I must have been really exasperated to do that. I said to a student in jest "your mom goes to college" and they in all seriousness said "no she doesn't" it was cracking me up. This school is an experience to be sure of! Someone's car was broken into and a purse was stolen from our parking lot...Never a dull moment around here, that is for sure.

1 comment:

soybeanlover said...

I totally understand the difficulties in making those crazy life changing decisions.

Best of luck in your decision. I'd stay for the adventure, but I will definitely tell you, it is killing me only getting to go home once a year.

Thank goodness for a Temple close by so that you can take the plan to Heavenly Father all the time.